- This event has passed.
Removing the Barriers: 2SLGBTQ+ Inclusion 101 & 102
Due to COVID19 this training will take place online for the time being. A Zoom link will be sent to all participants registered the week of the training. Please contact Allegra Morgado, 2SLGBTQ+ Special Projects Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This training will provide staff and volunteers with a breadth of introductory 2SLGBTQ+ terminology, concepts, and theories. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to brainstorm the necessary skills and practices to be supportive allies to diverse members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
1. Build a common understanding of significant 2SLGBTQ+ concepts and explore the idea of “intersectionality” (Crenshaw, 1989).
2. Understand the appropriate terms to use in reference to 2SLGBTQ+ communities and individuals.
3. Define and differentiate the concepts that are under assigned sex, gender identity, gender expression and sexuality
4. Debunk common stereotypes/myths about 2SLGBTQ+ communities and examine the four types of microaggressions.
5. Brainstorm and reflect upon the skills and practices needed to be a good ally to diverse 2SLGBTQ+ communities.
6. Identify ways that allies can address 2SLGBTQ+ oppressions and discriminations.